Plan for Your Future
- How do I balance caring for my children, aging parents and career while still saving for retirement?
- Am I doing everything I can now to optimize my excess wealth for the lifestyle I want later?
- My career is just getting started, but how do I know I’m on the right track?
Our Comprehensive Financial Solutions
By beginning with an in-depth understanding of your future goals we work to optimize your financial position. We offer objective and independent advice and utilize any investment vehicles, products, or strategies deemed to be in your best interest.
Whether you run a small business or work for a company, you have numerous choices and decisions to make regarding your retirement. We can help you understand how to maximize your employer-sponsored retirement plan in conjunction with any retirement plans you may have outside of your company.
Our retirement planning services include:
- Helping you create cash flow and live comfortably in retirement
- Social Security maximization
- Navigating Medicare
- Timing out your required minimum distributions
- Managing your finances in early retirement
- Legacy planning
- Establishing employer-sponsored retirement plans for your small business
Comprehensive Financial Planning
We work to optimize your financial position today in relation to your long-term
goals, whether it’s for retirement, home-buying, sending kids off to college, and more. As an independent firm, we are never tied to meeting sales quotes or pressuring you into using proprietary products. Instead, BFG offers objective advice and access to many investment vehicles that support your unique financial situation.
Wealth Management and Investment Advice
Your advisor at BFG has the ability to customize your individual money management program to align with your specific risk tolerance, time horizons, and goals. We work with dozens of top-rate investment management companies, allowing us to offer our clients quality investment vehicles including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and ETFs.
It just doesn’t make financial sense to pay more in taxes than you have to. But without working with an experienced advisor, how can you be sure you aren’t overpaying? We work with you year-round to make sure you’re optimizing tax-saving solutions and keeping more of your hard-earned money.
- IRA’s (Traditional vs Roth)
- Pre vs. Post tax
- Tax managed investing vs. taxable
- Tax loss harvesting
- Tax Deferred vs. Tax managed strategies
The cost of college has skyrocketed over the last few decades and it doesn’t look like it will be slowing down anytime soon. We will help you figure out how to pay for the cost of higher education, so you are prepared for when you or your child needs it. We will go over your education account options including UTMA/UGMA accounts, 529 plans and 529 plans for members of the Fraternal Order of Police.
Did you know that we have multiple teams of parent/child advisors at BFG? That means that we understand the importance of passing your hard-earned assets on to your loved ones. And in helping you do so, we work to make sure you stay in control of how your legacy is handled, not the government. Our experienced advisors can assist in estate planning, to ensure your assets get distributed to the right family member or charitable organization with the lowest tax implications possible.
Our Comprehensive Insurance Solutions
Proper insurance planning helps to bring you and your family the peace of mind in knowing that you are protected when it comes to worst-case scenarios. We will assess your needs to determine what type of insurance may be appropriate for you and your family. These may include life, disability, long-term care insurance, and more. If you have current policies in place, we will do a gap-coverage analysis to help you determine if you are utilizing the most cost-effective and appropriate policies.
There are a wide variety of life insurance policies available, from whole life insurance to term policies. Our knowledgeable insurance team will help you understand your choices and customize coverage to meet your specific needs.
We help with:
- Advising on insurance options based on your needs
- Reviewing current insurance policies you may have
- Developing comprehensive strategies based on your goals
Choosing the right health insurance for you and your family is an important decision. With so many options and benefits, how do you decide?
We help with:
- Understanding health insurance benefits in individual and family
- Navigating and enrolling using the Health Insurance Marketplace (Healthcare.gov)
- Understanding your employer open enrollment
- Determining tax credit eligibility
- Transitioning to individual health insurance after a life-changing event (marriage, loss of employment, retirement, divorce, change of income, change of primary place of living)
Long Term Care
Long Term Care Insurance is designed to cover long-term services and support, including personal and custodial care in a variety of settings such as your home, a community organization, or other facilities. Having LTC insurance can protect your savings, preserve your independence, and help you maintain a better quality of life. Since LTC can be very expensive, insurance is one of the best ways to cover these costs without having to resort to liquidating other assets.
Small Business/Group Coverage
Offering benefits is a major decision for any businesses. We are your resource to learn more about insurance products and services for your employees.
We help with:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Ancillary benefits
Medicare is a valuable source of health insurance for people 65 and older and for some younger adults with permanent disabilities. Understanding Medicare enables you to make well-informed health care decisions and to avoid getting lost in the maze of the plan’s options.
We help with:
- Guiding you through the Medicare process as a newly eligible member or during open enrollment
- Reviewing your current Medicare benefits to make sure they align with your financial situation